How does the non-custodial parent lose their visitation rights?

Asked about 3 years ago - Clemson, SC

I have never been married to my child's father. He has denied her off and on since I told him I was pregnant. Has made numerous threats towards me and my child. The threats range from wanting to shoot me while pregnant to taking the child from me (kidnapping). He has not be an active parent in my childs life. My daughter is 7 months old and he hasn't seen her or contacted her since she was 2 months old. I was wondering how can his visitation rights be revoked or denied?

1. J. Michael DeTreville

Answered . The short answer is that you will probably have grounds to terminate his parental rights once he has not visited or paid support for the child for a period of six months or more.

You will definitely need to retain a lawyer to assist you with this process. I wish you and your child the best.