How does the green card diversity lottery work?

I understand that it is limited to a certain number of people, but am not sure who can enter the lottery. .

Reno, NV -

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Every year, usually in October and November, the State Department conducts an online lottery in which millions of people apply for permanent residence to the U.S. through the Green Card Lottery. 50,000 lucky persons obtain permanent residence in the U.S. each year through the lottery.

Read the instructions carefully and apply for free through this page. It is not necessary to pay either an immigration attorney or the State Department in order to apply. However, if you are selected as a “winner”, you definitely want to consider hiring an experienced attorney to move your paperwork through the system in a timely manner.

Please see

Neil Ian Fleischer

Neil Ian Fleischer

Immigration Attorney - Cincinnati, OH

Please see this link. The entries for the lottery for the fiscal year have ended

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/t...

If you "like" this answer, please visit our website www.immigrate2usa.com

Robert West

Robert West

Immigration Attorney - Las Vegas, NV

Its like any lottery, you enter and maybe you win a green card maybe not.

Related Advice