How does the green card diversity lottery work?

Reno, NV |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

I understand that it is limited to a certain number of people, but am not sure who can enter the lottery.

.

Please see this link. The entries for the lottery for the fiscal year have ended

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html

If you "like" this answer, please visit our website www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

Its like any lottery, you enter and maybe you win a green card maybe not.

Every year, usually in October and November, the State Department conducts an online lottery in which millions of people apply for permanent residence to the U.S. through the Green Card Lottery. 50,000 lucky persons obtain permanent residence in the U.S. each year through the lottery.

Read the instructions carefully and apply for free through this page. It is not necessary to pay either an immigration attorney or the State Department in order to apply. However, if you are selected as a “winner”, you definitely want to consider hiring an experienced attorney to move your paperwork through the system in a timely manner.

Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.