How does the court fee waiver work for chapter 7?

Asked 4 months ago - Gainesville, FL

I already filled out the application....pretty easy! I was just wondering how long and what is the process of it getting approved? Does the bankruptcy process start as soon as I file the petition and the fee waiver application, or would I have to wait until it's approved until the ball gets rolling?

1. Richard D. Granvold

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . The stay is in effect when you file your petition. The court payment due dates depend on your local court policy. In our district, the court although you fill out an installment payment , the court simply provides to pay in full by a deadline date about 90 days after your case is filed! Good luck.

2. Sandra A Kuhn Esq.

Pro

2

1

Answered . There is no way to know how long the judge will take with any motion. But once the Court rules on it, they will let you know.

3. Carl Jerome Teel Jr

Pro

1

1

Answered . The court should notify you fairly soon if your application is approved. You can get limited access to the PACER system online to check it.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now