How does someone who lied about her stepdad molesting her help him now? she is now an adult and he did time for the crime

Asked over 2 years ago - Anderson, SC

he now has to wear a gps device and she would really like to help but doesnt know where to start

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . That person should not attempt any actions without talking to a local criminal defense attorney in or around Anderson. That person should also talk with a mental health counselor for help with determining the best way to broach the subject and work through the issues that have been created. It is imperative that the person see an attorney first though before doing anything with this matter.

    If this answer was, in any way, helpful - please click a positive feedback below. This is a general discussion... more
  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Without a lot more information, it is difficult to answer this type of inquiry. The stepdaughter may place herself in some legal jeopardy if the statute of limitations for perjury has not expired. I suggest that she speak with a criminal defense attorney if she really wants to help her stepfather. A criminal defense attorney will be in the best position to advise her on how to proceed.

    Legal Disclaimer:

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

    Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

  3. Answered . More information is necessary. However, I agree with the previous attorney. This person needs to seek criminal legal counsel before posting anything further.

    Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does... more

Related Topics

Personal injury and libel

Libel is the written or visual defamation of another person’s character. False statements can damage someone’s reputation, so it is a type of personal injury.

Personal injury and slander

Slander is a type of defamation that occurs when one person verbally harms another person’s character. These false accusations can damage another’s reputation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,576 answers this week

3,664 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,576 answers this week

3,664 attorneys answering