How does someone who is undocumented here in the USA obtain a divorce from their spouse who is living in Mexico?

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, OH

They were married in Mexico. Would like to get divorce without leaving USA.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . By simply filing for a divorce in the family law court having jurisdiction over your place of residence. The fact that you are undocumented does not strip you of the right to file. It does not matter if you wee married on Mexico or Timbuktu, you reside in Columbus, you have the right to file in Columbus.

    As this is not a question having g to do with immigration law,, you should repost it in the Family Law section.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . We already answered this question before.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell:... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,509 answers this week

3,365 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,509 answers this week

3,365 attorneys answering