How does Someone defend themselves against a foreign government enitity the IRS?

Zephyrhills, FL |

The IRS is not a US government agency Just like the Federal Reserve is no more Federal then Federal express, Is there a special way to defend yourself against a foreign entity that like to commit armed robbery?

1. This is an argument some use to try to get out of paying taxes, but a U.S. citizen or permanent is legally bound to pay taxes and there is absolutely no legitimate defense against it.

2. Greg is correct. While paying taxes is not popular or enjoyable, it is supported law. Check out this post and it may help http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/friv_tax.pdf.

Evan A. Nielsen
    1255 W. Colton Ave., #506 | Redlands, CA 92374
    Main: 909.363.4658 | Fax: 480.304.3211
    Evan.Nielsen@NLGLaw.com
    www.NielsenLawGroup.net

Mention this Post for a free consultation.

Evan A. Nielsen is licensed to practice law in California. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice for a particular matter. This response does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult an attorney.

3. The only thing to add to Evan's post is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protester_arguments

Making a protester argument opens you up to a "world of hurt" as they say colloquially.

Informally, if you are earning enough money that you need to pay taxes, you should rejoice that you are successful and capable of pulling your own weight in the world, rather than lament that a small portion of your earnings are being benevolently applied across 'Merica to keep it great rather than going directly into your pocket.

4. Yeah. Pay your taxes is one way. I can tell you one thing, and that is that the federal prisons they put you in are very much American. People with these arguments tend to get yelled at by judges, and are eventually forced to pay the taxes, plus interest and penalties. The law is a lot more complex than the people you are listening to could ever imagine.

The 16th Amendment allows for the collection of Income Tax. The IRS is an arm of the US Department of Treasury. If you are going to claim that they are no more a part of the federal government than Federal Express, you would be sorely mistaken. It is absolutely part of the Executive Branch of the US Government.

Christopher Larson
    Insight Law
    Tax Attorney
    Seattle Tax Lawyer
    Estate Planning Lawyer
    Tax Attorney - Bellevue
    Tax Attorney - Everett
    Tax Attorney - Auburn WA
    Tax Attorney - Bothell
    Tacoma IRS Phone Number
    IRS Tax Problems Seattle
    Late Tax Return Filing
    Bankruptcy Attorney
    Estate Planning Attorney

5. The Federal Reserve is, indeed, a private entity. I'm sure it's pointless to argue with you about whether the IRS is a legitimate branch of the U.S. government, but I can assure you that the people with the power to put you in prison believe it is. Try arguing with them.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

6. Like everyone here has said - this is an argument that you can win in a bar or sitting around the tv set with friends, but you will never, ever win this argument in a courtroom where the might of the federal government with all its lawyers will come down on you. But there is one sure-fire way to not have to legally pay any taxes at all and the government not only can't do anything to you for it, but they won't either. Try being poor. I know none of these answers are what you probably want to hear. But you see, lawyers deal with the way the law is written and the way judges interpret those laws. Lots of folks don't like paying taxes in lots of different countries but it is a fact of life. Government of the people, by the people and for the people can't exist if the people don't support it financially too.

This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The law in your state may differ and your best answer will always come from a local attorney that you meet with privately. If you need a Consumer Law attorney, click the link above to find a Consumer Law attorney near you.

Federal crime topics