How does one prove that their ex's cohabitation significantly changes her financial situation when it's being covered up?

Asked about 1 year ago - Fairfield, CT

Based upon my decree, alimony shall be non-modifiable except for termination upon either party's death or the wife's remarriage, CT 46b-86b applies. Ex is openly living with a successful and wealthy partner, with my children still at home. Upgrades to home have been made, she travels on vacations frequently and has substantial savings. They dine out regularly, entertain often, and live a very good life, certainly much more lavish then when we were married. They are very clever about him having a p.o. box, and she continues paying for mortgage and utilities from her account.... Our children have told me he lives there full time, shares her bedroom, and that he is very wealthy. She says go ahead and prove it. How do I when they use the law to their advantage?

1. Joseph S Hubicki

Pro

2

Answered . You can use a private investigator to do surveillance to prove cohabitation. You can also subpoena bank records to show that there are financial contributions and benefits. You should retain an attorney to handle the procedures for proving your case in court, and will help you use the law to YOUR advantage.