How does one protect himself when Workman's Compensation is trying to force him back to work? should the hospital and Workman's

Asked about 1 year ago - Baton Rouge, LA

back fractured in parking garage of the hospital on my way in to work in the hospital-- work at a private duty staffing agency- whose contract is with the hospital. presently still in a lot of pain. Workman's compensation has me on pain management therapy(medicine only) and is also demanding work search. I cannot sit or stand too long. Can and should the hospital and/or Workman's Compensation be sued?--occurred June 23, 2012.

1. Michael John Bourquard

1

Answered . Is your employer also paying weekly indemnity benefits?

What is the diagnosis of your back injury?

2. Richard Carl Binder

1

1

Answered . In Calif an adjustor was charged with murder because an applicant was denied medical treatment and she died. So, you never know. You do not have to go back to work, see if you qualify for SSI or State Disability in LA. First things first, get a lawyer that knows W/C in your area.

3. George Ellis Corson IV

Answered . If your injury is a year old, you SHOULD be trying to return to work. Staying at home is not a good long-term plan. You should be actively seeking information from the treating doctor regarding the treatment plan of action, treatment options, and necessary future treatment. If your back is SERIOUSLY so bad that you are completely unable to work in any significant capacity after a year, you and your Attorney should be knee deep in gathering medical reports and support for your Social Security application at this point.