How does one go about filing something for inneffective counsel pre-trial in a criminal case in Arkansas?

Asked over 1 year ago - Little Rock, AR

My atty has really screwed me & I want to know a reasonable should do to get a fair trial. He orrally withdrew for irreconcilable differences, owes me $5,000, has damaged my case & been abusive.

1. Frank Mascagni III

1

1

Answered . The first thing you should do is speak with your attorney about why he made a motion to withdraw from your case. Have a civil discussion with counsel .Then discuss any fees you have paid that you feel were not earned by him. Then if the court has granted his motion to withdraw, you need to get substitute counsel to represent you in the pending criminal case.

Review the facts with your new attorney to see if there are any grounds to file a motion for ineffective assistance of counsel at this stage of the case, and will such a motion benefit your defense in any way. I don't practice in AR. Retain a competent experienced criminal defense attorney there to assist you and advise what options are available to you.