How does one go about determining if discrimination was a factor in the way a bank treated a loan?

Miami, FL |

Community bank gave ex and I 2 commercial loans, 5 mnths before divorce, knowing in the process. I contacted them day I received businesses, informing they would be dealing with me., Learned ex hadn't made that months pmts. Told him I would pay within 4 days before 30 late.. 2 days later received voicemail, same officer "had from 2 sources, mtgs unpd because I had been raiding accts,,not to think for 1 second they wouldn't foreclose". Had he cked wouId see ex did all withdrawals.Made all current next day but continue to do everything can to foreclose, changed 20 yr mtgs to 1 yr balloons, refused to refi each yr unless did more. No reason for this treatment. I made all pmts, cooperated with anything ask, increased income. Would like to determine if because now single/divorced female.

This year had nothing more they wanted so when balloon came, unable to pay, called all loans, filed and rushed foreclosure. I had to quickly market and sell far undervalue so wouldn't go after my small savings for deficiency and now left with no income. I don't know this is the reason but in 4 years, starting with 8.00 ex left in account, I paid all hidden bills he left, tripled business, cut expenses. I can't find a reason for the multitude of times they have threatened or tried to foreclose.

For some reason this was listed as an employment question, which may be why you have not been getting any answers. I changed it to Foreclosure, which is clearly what your issue is about, in the hopes that you may get a helpful response before the time runs on the question:)

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

I don't know how that happened either but thanks so much for fixing it!

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

Hope you get an answer. I'm not sure how the answers are categorized, but sometimes I think they go by the first issue that appears by name, even if that's not really the issue when you read the whole question. Which if it is not lawyers assigning the issues makes sense, it's not always easy to tell - I think that is why they let us change it:)

I am glad they do too. I wasn't aware they did. I just re-posted again under banking. Will see what happens.

I get the gist of your upset, but you obviously have a lot to say, and I don't understand it fully. Nevertheless, it sounds like you have some action for relief.

The law is complicated and although the facts expressed may seem to be all that is relevant, there may be many other important facts to consider. Also, the law is constantly undergoing change, so what may be correct today, may not be accurate tomorrow. Only a full consultation with an attorney experienced or knowledgeable in the specific legal subject matter is likely to result in the optimal course of action. My practice has entailed more than a 30 year span of many real estate, personal property, and bankruptcy issues. Find out more about me at: FloridaPropertyLitigation.com.

I had all 3 mtgs and all the mods reviewed by a friend who is a mtg specialist with Wells Fargo. He said never seen anything like it. Was full or unenforceable clauses and federal violations and fraud. It even said they could take over if i WASN'T in default in any way. I've spent so much on attorneys to defend every foreclosure attempt and now to fight this one and file 1 corp bankruptcy to buy enough time to sell for whats owed. I'm tapped out for attorney fees. Do you know of any or do any do any attorneys do this type of case on contingency? Its not that I don't want to pay one, I just no longer have anything to pay with. My friend is who suggested it looked like discrimination from event timings and other occurrences from what he saw, said if I lost my business over their illegal acts may have a claim worth millions. I know probably everyone thinks that but if you had a list of the crazy things they have done you may agree. My ex is on the same mtgs and personally guarantees them but they just modified 2 other mtgs he has with the, extended them 5 years and reduced the interest rate despite these foreclosures and fact he did 2 short sales, one for 2M. Regardless if I can find an attorney to recover damages I plan to report with all supporting docs to every agency out there and the press when this is over. I still need to know where would I start to try and determine if discrimination is a factor? Thanks for your answer!