Skip to main content

How does one get a divorce while unemployed and the spouse makes all money?

Omaha, NE |
Filed under: Divorce

Im not employed but my husband is. I want to file for divorce, but he restricts my access to funds to even pay for the retainer. Are there any other ways to get around that so I can file?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. You may have to borrow the money from a friend or relative to get started. You just need to get into court and request support and then hopefully you can begin to repay them.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics