How does my daughter's biological father voluntarily terminate his parental rights?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Bloomsburg, PA

My daughter's biological father wants to terminate his rights, and my husband wants to adopt her. We are all in agreement, but none of us knows where to begin. What do we have to do?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Patrick J. McMenamin Jr.

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . You need to go through step-parent adoption proceedings. This is a fairly simple procedure for a lawyer to handle on your behalf, although the paperwork is time consuming. Most local family and domestic lawyers in your county can handle this matter for you.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now