Skip to main content

How does law address fraud and prejury in child support? Can the fromer spouse and her atty be charged with a crime?

Washington, DC |

The judge in my custody case issued an order for child support based on knowingly falsified financial worksheets provided by my former spouse and her attorney. The financial worksheet with entered and attested to by herself and her attorney as accurate; during those proceeding I was not present. The income present by her for me was incorrect, more so it was not true. I have been unemployed for over two years and at that time I had been unemployed for 8 months. The income report for me by her and the attorney was $120K. There were several motions filed for modification since that time where the lower court has never acted upon them, now the case is set to heard in the Appellate Court.

Attorney Answers 1


Do you have proof of the correct income? If so retain qualified local counsel and discs options

The above answer does not constitute an attorney client relationship and/ or retention of counsel. This answer is based upon the facts presented and may change if additional information is provided. The rules of the Bar for New York State may require me to advise that this could be construed as attorney advertisement.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics