How does it work when you marry someone whose paying child support ?

Asked about 1 year ago - Jackson, MS

If i marry and my soon to be spouse is paying child support can/will my wages be including in determining the amount awarded for child support payment?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Howard M Lewis


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Nope, not in my state and not in most states however to be 100 percent sure, ask a MS attny I am sure he or she will provide the same answer. but ya never know, sometimes the south handles things a bit differently than the East, take care.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more
  2. Jon H Powell


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . No. Your income will not be taken into consideration at all for your soon-to-be husband's child support obligation.

    No attorney-client relationship has been formed by this answer. The answer given herein should not be your only... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,100 answers this week

2,826 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,100 answers this week

2,826 attorneys answering