How does it work when you marry someone whose paying child support ?

Jackson, MS |
Filed under: Child support

If i marry and my soon to be spouse is paying child support can/will my wages be including in determining the amount awarded for child support payment?

Nope, not in my state and not in most states however to be 100 percent sure, ask a MS attny I am sure he or she will provide the same answer. but ya never know, sometimes the south handles things a bit differently than the East, take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

No. Your income will not be taken into consideration at all for your soon-to-be husband's child support obligation.

No attorney-client relationship has been formed by this answer. The answer given herein should not be your only inquiry into the matter or issue. You should schedule an appointment and seek the advice of an attorney to fully explain the facts so that the attorney can make an informed analysis and recommendation concerning your problem and advise you of all of your rights.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support