How does Florida calculate child support from a parent who has 3 children with his fiance who arent on it, and one who is filing

Asked 7 months ago - Niceville, FL

My fiance and I have been together 7 years. About 2 years ago he cheated on me and a child was born. The mother of the child is now filing for child support. Him and I already have 3 children together and I am pregnant with number 4. He currently is unemployed and watches our children since we cant afford daycare and dont qualify for assistance. I make around thirteen to fourteen hundred a month. How much will it cost him. Whats the best way for him to handle this?

1. Brent Allan Rose

1

Answered . There is an online child support calculator at www.flcourts.org under FORMS. The children that you and he have together and live with do not give him any credit.

2. Ayesa Phillips

Answered . The court will likely impute minimum wage to him if he is able to work. Your income will not be taken into account because you are not the mother of the child for whom support is being requested. He needs to make a really good effort to find a job if he isn't already.

3. Rebecca M Nunez

Pro

Answered . Previous-born children can sometimes qualify the payor for a slight decrease in the obligation to a later-born child. Make sure to bring the previous children's expenses to the judge's attention, as a downward deviation is, to a certain extent, a matter of judicial discretion.