How does Florida calculate child support from a parent who has 3 children with his fiance who arent on it, and one who is filing

Niceville, FL |

My fiance and I have been together 7 years. About 2 years ago he cheated on me and a child was born. The mother of the child is now filing for child support. Him and I already have 3 children together and I am pregnant with number 4. He currently is unemployed and watches our children since we cant afford daycare and dont qualify for assistance. I make around thirteen to fourteen hundred a month. How much will it cost him. Whats the best way for him to handle this?

There is an online child support calculator at www.flcourts.org under FORMS. The children that you and he have together and live with do not give him any credit.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

Since we are unmarried, should I also now file for the children we have so money will come back into the home? Is that legal?

Brent Allan Rose

Brent Allan Rose

Yes, you can file if you don't live together, and it would be a good idea. However, if you live together, the amount due would be $0.

The court will likely impute minimum wage to him if he is able to work. Your income will not be taken into account because you are not the mother of the child for whom support is being requested. He needs to make a really good effort to find a job if he isn't already.

The statements I have made are based on the limited facts you have provided and do not constitute legal advice. I am not your lawyer and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Your request and my response are not confidential. Please consult a local attorney to assist you in this matter. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is being made in addition to any and all disclaimers that AVVO has made.

Previous-born children can sometimes qualify the payor for a slight decrease in the obligation to a later-born child. Make sure to bring the previous children's expenses to the judge's attention, as a downward deviation is, to a certain extent, a matter of judicial discretion.