How does Florida calculate child support from a parent who has 3 children with his fiance who arent on it, and one who is filing

Asked 7 months ago - Niceville, FL

My fiance and I have been together 7 years. About 2 years ago he cheated on me and a child was born. The mother of the child is now filing for child support. Him and I already have 3 children together and I am pregnant with number 4. He currently is unemployed and watches our children since we cant afford daycare and dont qualify for assistance. I make around thirteen to fourteen hundred a month. How much will it cost him. Whats the best way for him to handle this?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Brent Allan Rose

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . There is an online child support calculator at under FORMS. The children that you and he have together and live with do not give him any credit.

    The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy),... more
  2. Ayesa Phillips

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . The court will likely impute minimum wage to him if he is able to work. Your income will not be taken into account because you are not the mother of the child for whom support is being requested. He needs to make a really good effort to find a job if he isn't already.

    The statements I have made are based on the limited facts you have provided and do not constitute legal advice. I... more
  3. Rebecca M Nunez


    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . Previous-born children can sometimes qualify the payor for a slight decrease in the obligation to a later-born child. Make sure to bring the previous children's expenses to the judge's attention, as a downward deviation is, to a certain extent, a matter of judicial discretion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,064 answers this week

2,945 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,064 answers this week

2,945 attorneys answering