How does an OKC DUI/APC affect a California Driver's License? And how does OK's Interlock reqm't mesh w/ CA law?

Oklahoma City, OK |

I hold a California driver's license and was arrested for APC in OKC. Requested a lawyer and arresting officer marked this as a breathalyzer refusal. Lost DPS hearing. Plead No Contest and received 6-mths probation. In OKC, refusal requires 1.5 years interlock. 6-mths now complete and case is officially Dismissed. Still not driving and avoiding interlock. What happens when I move back to California? Am I suspended there?

And if I move abroad or NY (where I won't need to drive) for work, what can I do about the 1.5 year interlock? Does it perpetually hang over my head (even after 3-4 or even 20 years)? Thank you.

I have completed all of OK's requirements: Safety Class, Victims Impact Panel, Assessment.

You will need to contact an attorney in California. Each state treats the administrative actions of another state differently. If California does not have a provision for an interlock based on a refusal to take the State's test, then you may be able to avoid the requirement. Only a California attorney can tell you exactly what to do.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets