How does an OKC DUI/APC affect a California Driver's License? And how does OK's Interlock reqm't mesh w/ CA law?

Oklahoma City, OK |

I hold a California driver's license and was arrested for APC in OKC. Requested a lawyer and arresting officer marked this as a breathalyzer refusal. Lost DPS hearing. Plead No Contest and received 6-mths probation. In OKC, refusal requires 1.5 years interlock. 6-mths now complete and case is officially Dismissed. Still not driving and avoiding interlock. What happens when I move back to California? Am I suspended there?

And if I move abroad or NY (where I won't need to drive) for work, what can I do about the 1.5 year interlock? Does it perpetually hang over my head (even after 3-4 or even 20 years)? Thank you.

I have completed all of OK's requirements: Safety Class, Victims Impact Panel, Assessment.

1. You will need to contact an attorney in California. Each state treats the administrative actions of another state differently. If California does not have a provision for an interlock based on a refusal to take the State's test, then you may be able to avoid the requirement. Only a California attorney can tell you exactly what to do.

DUI topics