How does an MIC affect a person with a prior DUI?

Tempe, AZ |

I received a DUI on New Years Eve (I'm the idiot who drove on the most obvious night). My final court date is set for April 12 for the DUI case. Last night I received a MIC being one of three people that the cops grabbed at a party. The first court date for that is set for April 9th. I was wondering if I should still plead not guilty for the MIC on April 9th? I'm going to get punished for my DUI on the 12th so I have reason to believe that if I don't plead guilty on the 9th and get it out of the way it would be violating my probation that will most likely start on the 12th. Let me know what your thoughts are.

1. Very good question. You need to consult with the attorney that's representing you in the DUI case and get his or her assistance in the new case. You might lose the ability to get diversion in this new case because of a prior conviction in the DUI case. You should talk to an attorney directly rather than online through a forum like this.

DUI topics