How does advance parole work? If I have advance parole can I go out of the country and come back to the US without a visa?

Asked 12 months ago - Grand Rapids, MI

I have an advance parole permit that is good until Jan 2014. I plan to leave the country next week and come back at the end of September. I am just going to visit relatives. I recently graduated and do not have a job currently but am in search of one. my advance parole is based on immediate family application and i-485.
is there anything i should be concerned with when i come back?

1. Michael Hugh Carlin

6

Answered . I suggest that you meet with an immigration attorney BEFORE you leave the US, just to be sure that you don't have any issues that might lead to you having problems upon your return to the US.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . Yes, it is OK for travel INTO the US ... depending on any country that you go through, you may need a visa for that country.

CONCERN? You should be concerned about the fact that the interviews are scheduled about 8-12 months after you file. Thus, they may call you in for an interview in September ... you do NOT want to ask for it to be rescheduled.

3. Boris Alexander Palant

4

Answered . Don't use it unless you were in status when you applied for it.