How does a safety plan with CPS affect your court ordered custody agreement?

Asked over 1 year ago - Navasota, TX

unfortunately i made some poor choices involving alcohol which led to CPS being involved in my life and i want to know once the case is closed what do i need to do with the attorney generals office in regards to my custody agreement? currently my children's father and his mother are the cps approved providers and i am to be supervised with them at all times since we still live together. the social worker has not been following up with me and ive taken all the necessary that CPS has demanded of me, including passing an alcohol assessment which deemed me not being an alcoholic and that the instance was an isolated incident. please advise what my options are and if i should seek legal council to move the process along. today is their cut off date on closing their investigation btw. thanks.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. William Tyler Moore Jr


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Get an attorney involved now. The CPS order takes precedence if you're a party to both the CPS order and the custody order.

    I am not intending this to be legal advice, because I don't know the particulars of your situation. Call me if you... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,722 answers this week

3,032 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,722 answers this week

3,032 attorneys answering