How does a refugee travel back to the country(for 1 month) where he is from ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Baltimore, MD

I am a refugee from Burma and if there was an emergency situation going on with my parents in Burma, how do i travel from US to Burma for a month and then back to US? If i have a green card would that make it easier ? Please let me know the detail how to do it . Thank you

1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . Sorry to hear about the emergency with your parents. There is no easy way to return. If you travel to the country from which you are a refugee, there could be a presumption that you obtained your status fraudulently OR that you no longer face persecution there. If it is a true emergency and you are going to go no matter what, make sure to have proof of what that emergency was and to be able to explain how you were able to maintain your safety while there. Hopefully, the trip will not be a long one.

2. Irene Vaisman

Pro

5

1

Answered . Detail - do not travel. Soory

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

1

Answered . By creating a lot of problems during reentry to him or herself.