How does a private company sponsor me from B1/B2 visa to H1/L1 visa?

Asked over 1 year ago - Jersey City, NJ

Hi,

I am from India and I am in USA on a B1/B2 visa status. I met the owner of a private event management company and we discussed a project for a new business. The owner agreed to sponsor me, so that we can be partners and do a business here. His current annual turnover is $ 0.5 million. The business that we planned is a wedding planner and event management and my educational background is Pharmacy Graduate from India and MBA-International Marketing from Toronto (Canada).

Is there any law, where this particular company can sponsor me and I can partner with them to start a new business or work under his company?

Kindly reply asap for the same.

Thank you

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

1

Answered . You will not be able to get a temporary visa to own a business since India lacks E-1 trader and E-2 investor treaties with the U.S.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Efe Poturoglu

2

Answered . Whether or not this company can sponsor you depends on many facts. For example, the first inquiry should be whether or not it makes sense for a company of this size to hire for a specialty occupation position (i.e. a position that requires at least a bachelor's degree). Also you may be able partner with them to start a new business and have that business sponsor your H-1B. There are some important considerations when you own part of the sponsoring company, so the company must be established in a certain way. I strongly recommend that you work with an experienced immigration attorney either way. I'll be happy to help (202-454-2837).

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Not on the facts you give.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.