How does a petty thieft looks on a college student that has one more year left what can I do to clear my name?

I am 21 and this is my frist time being proscuted fro petty thieft, I have no criminal record and this is my first offense. I was never arrested and taken to jail for the crime nor was i fingerprinted.

Daytona Beach, FL -

David Richard Damore

David Richard Damore

Criminal Defense Attorney - Daytona Beach, FL

I believe I answered your question a earlier today. Having anything on your record doesn't look good but doesn't mean it's the end of the world. You want to avoid a conviction which with the help of a good attorney has the best odd of happening.

William David Umansky

William David Umansky

Criminal Defense Attorney - Orlando, FL

You must avoid a conviction so you can seal or expunge your charge and get it off your record.

Michael R Crosner

Michael R Crosner

Personal Injury Lawyer - Northridge, CA

It does not look good - but a good local criminal attorney should be able to be of great assistance to you in this matter. Since it is a first offense & depending on the facts & amount of money involved you have a lot going for you. Different state jurisdictions have programs such a diversion or delayed prosecution etc etc - but DO NOT attempt to handle this yourself. Immediately consult with a local FL criminal attorney - many offer free initial consultations. Do not post any additional facts on this or other public forums, it can be used against you. Take advanntage of the free consultations. Good luck

Amir A. Ladan

Amir A. Ladan

Criminal Defense Attorney - Orlando, FL

As a 1st-time offender, you should be eligible for a deferred prosecution agreement, which will result in the dismissal of the charges against you & which will permit you to petition the court to have your case expunged. If you're case is already in that posture, make sure you take full advantage of your opportunity when the case is dismissed & have your record expunged. If you need assistance, Mr. Damore is a very reputable lawyer in Volusia County & can assist you, as can I.

www.LadanLaw.com

Majid Vasigh

Majid Vasigh

Criminal Defense Attorney - Tampa, FL

You should be offered a deferred prosecution agreement. Basically, if you're a good boy/good girl for a few months and do a few community service hours, they'll drop the charge.