How does a perons address a judge and ask for mercy on a prisoner before sentencing.

Asked over 1 year ago - Williston, ND

my brother is going to be sentenced on may 31 for conspiracy to distribute .he made a plea offer for 20 years. and i am writing a letter on behalf of my brother to ask for leniancy on his sentencing

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Alan Baker

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . The proper way to address a judge is: "Your Honor" In a letter you use the salutation: To the Honorable [name of the judge], District Court Judge. You may want to contact your brother's attorney concerning the best way to present the letter to the Judge.

    The information that I am providing is general information based on my understanding of your question. You cannot... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,490 answers this week

3,218 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,490 answers this week

3,218 attorneys answering