Skip to main content

How does a motion to set aside conviction work?

Louisville, KY |

I have a conviction of trespassing and disorderly conduct 3 years ago, in Kentucky law you have to wait 5 years after the date of conviction to expunge. My question is can I use this motion to set aside to get a dismissal and a earlier expungement? It's very difficult finding a job, any help please. And are these usually granted?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You will need to hire a criminal defense attorney to review the district court file and see if a motion to set aside the plea/conviction/judgment is a viable option. It is worth the investment.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer