How does a hotel handle the insurance on a slip and fall of a drunk old lady on the dance floor

Asked about 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

She is 88 in good shape but lost her balance doing the mummers strut and had to be taken out with ambulance. I was not there. My family did not put in incident claim. I was supposed to be power of attorney but they told me to stay out of it. They do not want to put in claim. I told them this is not a lawsuit. You were drunk and fell. The have insurance to help you with Med Pay or you'll not get the care you need due to lack of funding and caps on medicare. I was supposed to be power of attorney and helped her with her living will and dnr. The lawyer signed it with me and my mother last year. Was it supposed to be notorized? Does it have to be renewed? Am I allowed to enter my mom's house?

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

6

Answered . You've asked six unrelated questions. What do you really want to know. If your relative does not want to make a claim that ends it.

2. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

4

Answered . This is a civil/personal injury question as opposed to a DUI question. I would suggest reporting in another section.

3. Harold Semanoff

Pro

3

Answered . In general, your power of attorney should be notarized and have an acknowledgement page signed by you indicating your acceptance of the power of attorney. Also, the hotel is only responsible if their negligence caused the fall, such as having water on the floor, excessively waxed, etc. But based upon your description that does not seem to be the case. Nevertheless, they may have insurance with a Med Pay provisions for medical expenses. If medicare has paid for her medical bills, then medicare will have a right to be reimbursed from any amounts recovered .

4. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

3

Answered . Maybe re-try asking your most pressing question and you might get some information. Good luck.