How does a home owner locate a copy of the lost Title Insurance Policy when the bank that handled the closing no longer exists?

Elkhorn, WI |

I do have a copy pf the deed that was filed in the county courthouse, and in the space that would show the name of the Title Insurance Cimpany and show that the document was returned to this Title Company, the deed just shows that the documents were returned to the bank, and now the bank no longer exists so I can not go to them for this information. Is there any other document that would have to be filed in the county courthouse on real estate that will show the name of the Title Insurance Company that insured the property during the closing on my home that was handled by the bank...my home was newly constructed at that time, and the closing took place approximately 30 years ago?

1. If you contact the register of deeds at Walworth county courthouse, they will be able to show you who registered the title (i.e. the title company). The title company will have all the records for the transfer. You may have to pay for copies, but they will be able to help you.
    Good Luck with your quest.