How does a 16 year old emancipate him self in SC? (i filled the bottom 800 characters with out all the story...but its some)

Rochester, NY |

I am friend with a 16 year old that lives in SC. Meeting about 10 months ago. I am 29 and we have formed a bond no different that brothers/best friends. Originally noticed some out posts on Instagram and seeing a troubled teen. Followed up and watched to see. eventually got talking and over the last 10 months learn a massive amount about him and his family life. We are both gay and his parents are extremely religious. he came out and they freaked out. told him he a disappointment to the family and will burn in hell. being scared went back in. 3-4 months later came back out after trying to kill him self with pills and drugs 2-3 times. and now its till battling a disappointed life discouraging family life. its getting bad and he wants to leave. can he leave and move here with me?

Re-post in South Carolina section here on Avvo for more insight.

You should consult a SC family law attorney. You posted in the NY section of Avvo. Best of luck!

It is always advisable to contact an attorney. For a consultation, please contact our office at 516-669-3295. We are located in West Babylon, NY and proudly offer very low rates and free consultations. For more information, please see our website: <a href="http://www.LouisLSternbergLaw.com">Long Island Divorce Lawyer Louis Sternberg.</a>

missed that part. re posted. thanks

I suggest you re-post your question on the SC Avvo section.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Child custody topics