How does 1 lawfully obtain an international driving permit.

Asked 6 months ago - Riverhead, NY

I understand they are not driver licenses, but apparently there is some benefit to holding one. I know of a person who is in this country illegally and sent a digital photo of herself to Mexico and had someone basically take that to the dmv and turn it into a license. I'm certain this person didn't appear on their own behalf to apply for license as we lived in the same house and I saw the person every single day up until well after they received the license. About a month after receiving the Mexican DL she somehow got a hold of an international driving permit with the exact same picture that appears on the Mexican DL. I still have a copy of the actual picture that was sent to MX so how do I go about proving 1 or both "licenses" are fraudulent?

1. Wojciech Zbigniew Kornacki

Answered . This does not sound like a legal question. You may want to contact the American Automobile Association for more information. See the link
    www.aaa.com/vacation/idpf.html

2. Mark J. Sadoff

Answered . "International Drivers' Licenses" have always just been translations of your existing driver's license with no real addition to the value of your existing one. Police who want to stop you, will stop you anyway. The advantage is if you are not fluent in the language of the country where you are driving.