Skip to main content

How do you turn in to Imigration a farse of a marriage only made up to obtain legal documentation for on of the parties?

Miami, FL |

I know and can prove that this " couple " is arranged for the purpose of US Imigration Documentation in favor of the male, who was an abuser on the relationship, and is seeking Imigration Status thru marriage. I feel like it is my duty to report the fraud to authorities , but I do not want to be involved in the problem, and would like to be anonimous, since it will be easy for the immigration authorities to confirm and catch the fraud. What do I do? I feel bad for the woman that is being threathened and abused.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    In my experience, ICE typically doesn't do a lot of investigations into these types of allegations.

    IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "HELPFUL" or "THE BEST ANSWER," PLEASE MARK IT SO AS AVVO AWARDS THE ATTORNEY POINTS. All attorneys providing answers on this site are donating their time and not financially compensated.

  2. You can write to ICE however it is their determination in the end.

    The above answer does not constitute an attorney client relationship and/ or retention of counsel. This answer is based upon the facts presented and may change if additional information is provided. The rules of the Bar for New York State may require me to advise that this could be construed as attorney advertisement.

  3. I think you should stay out of it! If you feel "bad" for the woman then reach out and help her. You may make things worse for her by doing underhanded matters. Of anyone, then she should leave the relationship or "report." this is not your place, unless you have other "considerations" you are not disclosing.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics