Skip to main content

How do you stop child support after child turns 18?

Stokesdale, NC |
Filed under: Child support

My step daughter turned 18 last month and she will graduate early in 14 days.How do we have child support stopped after she finishes high school?

Attorney Answers 1


It depends upon what the Divorce Decree or Stipulation of Settlement says about it. If its supposed to stop at age 18, then simply stop paying and send a letter saying you're no longer paying. That usually does it.

Good luck.

Mark as helpful

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics