How do you stop an abusive husband of 16 years. Take all your assets, Get a 30,000$ leave you on SSI?

Asked over 1 year ago - Grants Pass, OR

He has abused the legal system in grants pass to make my life a living hell.
Afraid to go anywhere!

1. Jay Bodzin

2

Answered . It's a bit difficult to understand just what has happened, from your question here. But I can tell you this:

When a divorce case is filed in Oregon, a 'statutory restraining order' automatically goes into effect. This is not a restraining order that prohibits people from talking to or being near each other. Rather, this order prohibits either spouse from hiding or disposing of marital assets, including real estate, vehicles, bank accounts, or other property. The law is intended to prevent one party to a divorce from hiding or keeping assets from the other. If you're going through a divorce, you should consult with an attorney. They can help you ensure that assets are divided equitably. You can call the Oregon State Bar for a free referral at 503-684-3763.

Please read the following notice: