How do you return or exchange a brand new defective car?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I purchased the car yesterday. I test drove it on the street not the freeway. I drove it this morning past 55 mph and the car vibrated, but when I depressed the brakes, the steering wheel looked like it was about to fall in my lap. I took it back to the dealer and it has defective or damaged rotors. The vehicle has less than 100 miles.

1. Scott Richard Kaufman

3

Answered . You have a warranty. They need to fix. Be diligent about bringing it in regularly as this is not normal...

2. David B Pittman

Pro

3

Answered . You can bring it to the dealership and have all the problems fixed under warranty.

3. Ronald Lee Burdge

3

Answered . There is a legal doctrine that some states have adopted called shaken faith. It basically says that if you have a very serious defect occur very quickly after purchase then your faith in the reliability of the product may be sufficiently shaken to justify calling it a breach of the warranty, but state laws are different on this and you need to talk to a local TX lemon lawyer to see exactly what your state law says and how it works. For a new car in TX, your state lemon law says that a lemon motor vehicle is one that fits any of these definitions - 4 unsuccessful repairs when 2 occurred within shorter of 1 year or 12,000 miles, and other 2 occur within shorter of 1 year or 12,000 miles immediately following second repair attempt; or 2 unsuccessful repairs of a serious safety defect when 1 occurred within shorter of 1 year or 12,000 miles and other occurred within shorter of 1 year or 12,000 miles immediately following first repair; or 30 calendar days out of service within shorter of 2 years or 24,000 miles and at least 2 attempts were made within shorter of 1 year or 12,000 miles. If you are serious about wanting rid of it, talk to a local lemon lawyer first. There are several listed in Houston and nearby at www.USLemonLawyers.com. But act quick before it's too late.