How do you respond to a request for production of documents when any potential evidence you might have is destroyed?

Asked 8 months ago - Oroville, CA

I'm being sued by Cach LLC and I hired an attorney to defend me in court, I recieved the request for production of documents on the 7th, and because the debt is old,all possible documentation is likely destroyed.

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

Answered . Your attorney will handle this. The Request for Inspection/Production should have come to your lawyer in the first place, and your lawyer should oversee the production effort and draft the responses including any statements of document unavailability. You didn't hire an attorney so that you could guess at how to do this for yourself, nor so that you could cast about here for advice from counsel who don't know your case. Use your lawyer.

2. Richard Todd Rosenstein

Answered . You hired an attorney to defend you in the case. Your attorney needs to know all relevant information in order to properly defend you. Therefore, it is recommend that you pose any and all questions regarding your case to your attorney of record.