Skip to main content

How do you report abuse or misconduct of your probation officer? who can you go to or what can you do?

Huntington Beach, CA |
Filed under: Civil rights

she keeps messing with me and making me move from place to place to place saying the environment isn't good. i have no more places to move to without losing another job because of moving. then she gives me two weeks to get a job and a place to live. she is making it impossible to work or keep a job. who can i go to to change probation officers before she finally violates me for not meeting her deadlines.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. You can call the probation department and ask to file a complaint with your probation officer's supervisor... but I would think twice before doing so.

    Frankly, the behavior you've listed doesn't sound like "abuse or misconduct." The supervisor may think you have a bad attitude and make things even worse.

    It sounds like you've made some bad choices about living situations. For instance, if you're on probation for drug offenses, your probation terms may require you to live in a clean & sober environment.

    I would spend your time looking for a job and suitable housing, instead of complaining about your PO on the Internet.

    Please understand that this is a general discussion of legal principles by a California lawyer and does not create an attorney/client relationship. It's impossible to give detailed, accurate advice based on a few sentences on a website (and you shouldn't provide too much specific information about your legal matter on a public forum like this, anyway). You should always seek advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction who can give you an informed opinion after reviewing all of the relevant information.

Civil rights topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics