How do you report abuse or misconduct of your probation officer? who can you go to or what can you do?

Huntington Beach, CA |

she keeps messing with me and making me move from place to place to place saying the environment isn't good. i have no more places to move to without losing another job because of moving. then she gives me two weeks to get a job and a place to live. she is making it impossible to work or keep a job. who can i go to to change probation officers before she finally violates me for not meeting her deadlines.

You can call the probation department and ask to file a complaint with your probation officer's supervisor... but I would think twice before doing so.

Frankly, the behavior you've listed doesn't sound like "abuse or misconduct." The supervisor may think you have a bad attitude and make things even worse.

It sounds like you've made some bad choices about living situations. For instance, if you're on probation for drug offenses, your probation terms may require you to live in a clean & sober environment.

I would spend your time looking for a job and suitable housing, instead of complaining about your PO on the Internet.

Please understand that this is a general discussion of legal principles by a California lawyer and does not create an attorney/client relationship. It's impossible to give detailed, accurate advice based on a few sentences on a website (and you shouldn't provide too much specific information about your legal matter on a public forum like this, anyway). You should always seek advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction who can give you an informed opinion after reviewing all of the relevant information.

LET ME TELL YOU ALL SOMETHING, MOST OF THE PROBATION OFFICERS SHOULD BE PRISON GUARDS NOT PROBATION OFFICERS. ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS LOCK YOU UP NOT HELP REHABILITATE AND HELP YOU. I BELIEVE THE REASON OUR PRISONS ARE SO CROWDED IS BECAUSE OF IGNORANT PROBATION OFFICERS. THEY WANT YOU IN JAIL SO THEIR WORK LOAD GETS LIGHTER.

For the lawyer above you sound just like one of them. Telling someone to get a job n a place to live to make it better, is not answering anyone question regardig finding help. He alright stated that he's loss one job from ALL the moving. And your solution is find another job n a place to live that is suitable. You didn't even ask if the places he's been at are suitable or not, but that's your recommendation like it must be his fault and not his PO purposefully harassing him. POs ARE CRICKED TOO! It's attorneys like u that stick with the f-d up "justice" system instead of trying to fix it and help the little people who can't find help (which is y they're on the internet lookin for help in the first place!) that make me sick and are the reason behind me being in Law School now. Because a**wholes like you just add to the currption by not addressing, instead of trying to help the little person. You didn't even ask him what his previous living conditions where. You just assumed it must be his wrong doing and not his possibly cricked a** POs!

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights