Skip to main content

How do you report a lawyer to the Florida Bar Association?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Filed under: Professional ethics

What is the best way to handle a lawyer that has taken your retainer and cannot be found?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I sugget you flie a claim with the Florida Bar for lack of communication and diligence and possibly conversion of your retainer. The website for the Florida bar is


Contact the Florida Bar and fill out their formal complaint form. Go to for more information. Lawyers who close up shop without notifying their clients usually end up getting suspended or disbarred.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer