How do you renew a resident alien card?

Russellville, AL |
Filed under: Immigration

the card expired on 6-23-99. the status was recieved through marriage but divorced. they have one child from that marriage.

1. The application to obtain a new resident card is Form I-90, available on the web site of Citizenship and Immigration Service.

Foreign nationals who need to determine if their legal permanent resident status still exists, or doubt their eligibility to renew, must see an immigration attorney.

2. My colleague answered your question 100% correctly.

The statement above is only for general knowledge purposes and at no time intended to be a legal opinion. The individual posting the question and those reading should always obtain the advice of a qualified attorney. No attorney/client relationship is established.

3. Below is the link to the I-90. As my colleague stated, if there are any questions regarding your eligibility, you need to speak with an immigration attorney.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=b3f7ab0a43b5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

4. It depends on what card you have. If you have a Conditional card, you need to retain an experienced immigration attorney to handle the matter. If you have the regular card, you need to file an I-90.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.