How do you put an end to vexatious litigation?

Asked 10 months ago - Kent, WA

I am a former victim of Domestic Violence. I left my ex husband in 2009 and have been going through continuous vexatious litigation with him since then. Our current family law file has more than 337 entries in it since I filed for divorce. I live in a country outside of the USA and my ex husband lives in Washington State --the state which still has legal jurisdiction over our case. How can I put an end to the vexatious litigation as it is being used as a tool of harassment towards me and it is financially draining me.

1. Robert M Lorey

4

Answered . You really need an attorney, for several reasons. Your question also has a common -- but incorrect assumption built into it. There are x-number of docket entries or the case has been going on since the 'oughts and that you have been forced to expend significant resources responding to various legal proceedings. Unfortunately, this does vex you, but does not make your soon-to-be ex into a "vexatious litigant."

First, only an attorney has any reasonable chance of getting the Court to control a vexatious litigant. Second, part of the purpose of an attorney is to run interference for you. Many attorneys offer free or low-cost initial consultations and this consultation may provide you with sufficient information to decide how to proceed,

www.integrityoregon.com

Good luck!

2. Dave Hawkins

Pro

2

Answered . You nee to file a motion limited the number o bearing he can note. There is a doctrine known as res judicata, which means the matter has already been decided. You will need to hire counsel in Wa. to act as your voice,