How do you locate a trust fund, what information do you need?

Miami, FL |

I am the trustee, it has my name on it. Due to possibly being robbed by the individual who took over my trust fund making it a special needs trust, i cant reall talk to the perosn who set it up. I might have the name of one lawyer involved, but i think i was given a false name as ive searched for this lawyer and he doesnt exist. Ive been talking to the DA of the county the trust was set up in, as a special needs trust, and he hasnt helped much. Im not sure if i need more information to give other than my name birthday, ssn, names of the guardianships. Maybe a lawyer or two that were involved.. it was a small city and i have a rare name im just wondering what other information could be used to find the trust fund. if i walked into a DAs office, with my id and everything, could t

You seriously need to contact a trusts and estates attorney in your area who is familiar with special needs trusts. You are mixing up your terminology, which makes your question hard to follow. Are you the Trustee or the Beneficiary? If you are Trustee, where did you open the trust account? That would be the first place to look for the trust, and, how did someone else "take over the trust?" If you are the Beneficiary of the trust, it is possible that the grantor of the trust established the trust for you as a SNT - in which case, the trustee is responsible for making distributions "at their sole discretion". If you wish, contact the offices of Lillesand & Wolasky, P.L. - they are top-notch special needs lawyers in the Miami area.

Carol Johnson Law Firm, P.A. : (727) 647-6645 : carol@caroljohnsonlaw.com : Wills, Trusts, Real Property, Probate, Special Needs: Information provided here is anecdotal and should not be relied upon or considered legal advice. Every matter is different and answers given here are general in nature and may not reflect current Florida law at the time you are reading this posting. Please contact me if you feel you need additional assistance with your matter.

im the beneficiary. i was told by my court appointed lawyer, that i could not be denied funds unless i was like trying to buy a boat or something. the guardianships of the special needs trust, have stolen the money and cut off contact with me. if i am in florida, but the trust fund was guardianship established in colorado, can a florida trust attorney help me or do i have to find a colorado attorney? thank you.

ok i made a trust fund with your name on it carol, i put $1.5million dollars in that fund. i made 2 randomly appointed people the guardians over your special needs trust. you contacted them asking if you could spend some money, they told you to fk yourself, we took your money bye sucker. the trust fund is in P.A., what do you do? all you have is your name the fund is on, your birthday and your SSN. And the possibility that you might have or get a lawyers name that was involved in the appointing guardianshipness, but this is not guaranteed. you dont have much time because youre broke and want some food and shelter. do you have a special search engine to look up your trust etc, or do you just go to google. oyu can do all this yourself because youre a trust lawyer if im reading it correctly next to your name above. whats your first step and then what else do you do?

oh and you contacted the DA in the county in which your funds were guardianshipped, and he said 'i cant find anything even though you gave me all the information i asked for.' so the DA isnt helping etc.

because the DA thinks that if he interviews the crooks who took your money, hes going to get something like theyll give him what he wants or something, since thats his only way to find your account as far as hes told you.

Carol Anne Johnson

Carol Anne Johnson

Where is your court-appointed attorney? If he is in CO, you should give him/her a call and ask him/her where the trust is and how to get an accounting of it. You can also contact the CO Attorney General and speak with them about the matter as it certainly sounds like a case of fraudulent embezzlement. If no joy, go to the USDOJ Attorney General - they assist victims in cases like these.

I concur with the previous answer and also concur with the Law Firm recommended.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Wills and estates topics