Skip to main content

How do you locate a trust fund, what information do you need?

Miami, FL |

I am the trustee, it has my name on it. Due to possibly being robbed by the individual who took over my trust fund making it a special needs trust, i cant reall talk to the perosn who set it up. I might have the name of one lawyer involved, but i think i was given a false name as ive searched for this lawyer and he doesnt exist. Ive been talking to the DA of the county the trust was set up in, as a special needs trust, and he hasnt helped much. Im not sure if i need more information to give other than my name birthday, ssn, names of the guardianships. Maybe a lawyer or two that were involved.. it was a small city and i have a rare name im just wondering what other information could be used to find the trust fund. if i walked into a DAs office, with my id and everything, could t

Attorney Answers 2

  1. You seriously need to contact a trusts and estates attorney in your area who is familiar with special needs trusts. You are mixing up your terminology, which makes your question hard to follow. Are you the Trustee or the Beneficiary? If you are Trustee, where did you open the trust account? That would be the first place to look for the trust, and, how did someone else "take over the trust?" If you are the Beneficiary of the trust, it is possible that the grantor of the trust established the trust for you as a SNT - in which case, the trustee is responsible for making distributions "at their sole discretion". If you wish, contact the offices of Lillesand & Wolasky, P.L. - they are top-notch special needs lawyers in the Miami area.

    Carol Johnson Law Firm, P.A. : (727) 647-6645 : : Wills, Trusts, Real Property, Probate, Special Needs: Information provided here is anecdotal and should not be relied upon or considered legal advice. Every matter is different and answers given here are general in nature and may not reflect current Florida law at the time you are reading this posting. Please contact me if you feel you need additional assistance with your matter.

  2. I concur with the previous answer and also concur with the Law Firm recommended.

    The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Wills and estates topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics