How do you know if you're eligible for disability due to a car accident?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

finances are running low. Already know about No-Fault Reimbursement.

1. Yefim Rubinov

8

Answered . I suggest you contact a personal injury lawyer as well as a disability lawyer. Do not delay.

2. Gregory Scott Gennarelli

Pro

8

Answered . If you have short or long term disability policy, you should review the terms of the policy and eligibility requirements/criteria and contact your carrier/broker to see if you are eligible. If you are referring to Social Security Disability (SSD), disability is determined based on your inability to work. You need to be able to demonstrate that (1) you cannot perform the work that you did before you were injured; (2) you cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition; and (3) your disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year, or to result in death. There is a process that Social Security uses to determine if you are disabled and it would be wise to consult with a lawyer who regularly handles SSD cases.

3. Igor Grichanik

8

Answered . Talk to your doctor.

4. Kenneth Samuel Litman

Pro

8

Answered . Contact a local attorney to discuss your options. You may be entitled to Social Security Disability

Ken Litman, Esq.
    516.359.6333

5. Kevin Coluccio

9

Answered . Contact the disability agency and ask them to set forth the standards for determining your eligibility.

6. Michael Ryan Juarez

9

Answered . Check out your states disability website. Should have the eligibility requirements posted.

7. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

7

Answered . I agree with the responding attorneys. You should to contact an experienced attorney to review your situation and advise you accordingly. I hope you found my answer helpful.