How do you know if you have been discriminated against in the workplace for age or disability?

Asked 5 months ago - Charlottesville, VA

I have worked in the same field for 35 years. Military veteran. Excellent work reviews . Over age 60,
and have some disabilities, but still able to perform my job duties. I have applied for 38 jobs within my
current organization in the past 4 years and have not been hired for any of them. No feedback after
the interviews, either. I am applying for jobs well within my area of expertise and current abilities.

1. Patrick Vernen Foltz

Pro

Answered . Consult with an employment attorney. Discrimination is very hard to prove. Usually, it is not evident unless you can see a pattern of discrimination among persons fitting your profile. You could ask around, discretely of course, to see whether your colleagues are having similar difficulty. If you find two or three, go to an attorney and relate the story. Good Luck.

The above is solely for informational purposes and does not create an attorney client relationship.