How do you handle a false positive inter-locking device result?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Snohomish, WA

My son drove from Marysville to Issaque with clean blows. He step out of his car for a quick purchase went to restart and it indicated my son blew positive. This is he second time it's happened to him. Both times it was within a week prior to removal.

1. Evan Matthew Oshan

4

Answered . If it was my case I would retain an expert and get the device calibrated.

2. Aaron Lukoff

3

Answered . It sounds like the blow and go is malfunctioning. Get an expert to look at the machine and get it calibrated.

Aaron M. Lukoff
    Attorney at Law
    Criminal & Civil Traffic Defense
    360-647-5251
    aaron@lukofflegal.com
    Law Offices of Aaron M. Lukoff & Associates, PLLC

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response to your question is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on Washington law as I am licensed in Washington. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue/matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific legal advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain an attorney. For more information or to hire a lawyer, you can reach my offices at: aaron@lukofflegal.com; 360-647-5251 or at www.lukofflegal.com.

3. Eric Matthew Matheny

3

Answered . If the positive Interlock blow is going to result in a probation violation or sanction by the court, you may want to retain an expert. There are lots of them out there who can show the vulnerability of the machine. Also, you could have your son polygraphed and submit the results to the prosecutor only if he passes.

If the positive is not resulting in any probation violation, just a headache since he can't start his car, you may want to see about having it replaced with another interlock. Your's might be faulty.