How do you get your restricted drivers license after dui

Asked about 4 years ago - San Bernardino, CA

3 dui in 10 years, have started work release of 75 days. want to know when i can get restricted drivers license back. and what process i have to go through to get it

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Robert Laurens Driessen

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If you were convicted for a third DUI you face a 3 year revocation of your license. You qualify for a restricted license after serving 2 years of the actual suspension. There was a new law that went into effect on July 1, 2010 that you may qualify for however the law is not retroactive.
    Robert Driessen

  2. Jimmy Cha

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Remember also that you have to show proof of insurance (SR22) to the DMV, prior to getting your license back as well!

  3. Nafiseh Nina Trehzure Hodjat

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . You also have to complete an 18 month alcohol program and pay a fee to the DMV.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,743 answers this week

2,926 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,743 answers this week

2,926 attorneys answering