How do you get your license back after being revoked from drunk driving?

Asked over 4 years ago - New Baltimore, MI

Looking to get information on how or my go abouts to get my license back after a few years from drunk driving. Please any information would be great!

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Timothy J. Klisz


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Unfortunately, it us very difficult and nearly impossible without an experienced attorney assisting you. I have handled many of these successfully and can advise you for free. Visit to discuss. Tim Klisz

  2. Loren M. Dickstein

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Working with a lawyer experienced handling appeals to the DLAD is your best option. If you try to handle it yourself, you really are going to have an up hill battle. The process is difficult and an attorney can help you jump through the right hoops.

  3. Karyn T. Missimer

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . I suggest you contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles. They can tell you what you need to do to get your licensce back.

    In many states, you must undergo an alcohol and other drug abuse assessment and follow up with any recommended treatment before you driver license will be reinstated. Also, you generally need to pay a reinstatement fee.

    Here is a link that may be helpful to you:,1607,7-127-1627_8...

    Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,871 answers this week

3,058 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,871 answers this week

3,058 attorneys answering