How do you get United States Disctrict Court, Eastern District (Bakersfield) of California misdemeanor records expunged?

Rosamond, CA |

Civilian convicted of Speeding, DUI, Endangerment of a Child and Impeding a Military Officer which took place on a military base. Convicted in the US District Court, Eastern District of California six years ago. How can I get these charges expunged? What forms are required?

There is no expungement of federal crimes. There is a pardon process. Here is a really good web-site with a lot of very understandable information about what it takes to get a pardon for federal crimes: http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/478249.html

If your conviction is for a U.S. military offense, you would have to first apply for clemency with the branch of the military which issued the conviction before invoking the pardon process.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

I was a civilian driving on a back road heading to Vegas. Apparently this back road is part of the base. I was told by my federal probation officer never to disclose because "I might as well of been convicted in a foreign country, only the government can look at these offenses. I just don't know if they will show up on a Live Scan. The DUI didn't reflect on my driving record, though I did have to complete almost the same penalities as if it was a state crime. What do you know about this? Thank you.

You don’t. There is not expungement process for federal offenses and you will not get a pardon for the offenses.
Robert Driessen

I was told by my federal probation officer never to disclose because "I might as well of been convicted in a foreign country, only the government can look at these offenses. I just don't know if they will show up on a Live Scan. The DUI didn't reflect on my driving record, though I did have to complete almost the same penalities as if it was a state crime. What do you know about this? Thank you.

Thanks for your posting.

The answer to your question is that, as others have noted, there is no expungement statute for federal crimes, so your only option is to obtain a presidential pardon.

I hope that this helps, but please feel free to ask if you have any further questions. It's my pleasure to help in any way that I can. All the best to you.