How do you get hearing date moved up to a sooner date in civil court?

Asked over 3 years ago - Palm Springs, CA

I need to know what paper I need to file to get a sooner court date.

1. Robert Harlan Stempler

Answered . Either ask the clerk to set it for an earlier date and then give notice of the new date or file an "ex parte application for an order shortening time" regarding the hearing in which at least one good reason is given in a declaration why the hearing should be advanced ahead of other cases.

Robert Stempler (please see DISCLAIMER below)
    www.StopCollectionLawsuits.com

2. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

Answered . It is actually an ex parte application to specially set hearing on motion (rather than an ex parte application for order shortening time for service of notice of motion). In your ex parte application, it is imperative for you to articulate specifically why you need the hearing sooner.