How do you get formal probation reduced to informal, or get probation transferred to another state?

My fiance is currently incarcerated, and is set to be released in the next week. I am active duty military and do not live in the same state as her. Upon release she will be homeless, so her plans are to work with probation to get in to a residential rehab, then apply for transfer to washington state. Is there anyway she can just get her probation reduced to informal? If not, what can be done to improve her chance of having a transfer accepted by the state of washington? She has no family here, other than me. Then again, she really has no family in California either. She was charged with 1 count felony possession for sale of methamphetamines.

Santa Ana, CA -

Elliot Rahmim Zarabi

Elliot Rahmim Zarabi

Criminal Defense Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

She would need to file a 1203.3 motion (motion to modify probation) and convince both the judge and the DA its better. It is unlikely to happen unless she is able to show a real hardship and also that it is not necessary to have her on supervised probation. She can also petition to have her probation which is supervised moved to Washington State. That second scenario is a more likely scenario.

Elliot Zarabi
www.FreeCriminalConsultation.com
213-612-7720

Daniel C Grupenhagen

Daniel C Grupenhagen

Criminal Defense Attorney - Huntington Beach, CA

Marry her and probation will transfer her