How do you get formal probation reduced to informal, or get probation transferred to another state?

Santa Ana, CA |

My fiance is currently incarcerated, and is set to be released in the next week. I am active duty military and do not live in the same state as her. Upon release she will be homeless, so her plans are to work with probation to get in to a residential rehab, then apply for transfer to washington state. Is there anyway she can just get her probation reduced to informal? If not, what can be done to improve her chance of having a transfer accepted by the state of washington? She has no family here, other than me. Then again, she really has no family in California either. She was charged with 1 count felony possession for sale of methamphetamines.

She would need to file a 1203.3 motion (motion to modify probation) and convince both the judge and the DA its better. It is unlikely to happen unless she is able to show a real hardship and also that it is not necessary to have her on supervised probation. She can also petition to have her probation which is supervised moved to Washington State. That second scenario is a more likely scenario.

Elliot Zarabi

Marry her and probation will transfer her

I was told that you need to be married before the crime was committed. Is this a true statement or does this vary state to state? I live in conneticut.

Daniel C Grupenhagen

Daniel C Grupenhagen

It doesn't matter, anyone can request a transfer, its the fact that she would be transferring to where her husband lives that is persuasive.