Skip to main content

How do you get an extension on turning yourself into jail?

Sacramento, CA |

I was charged with 3rd Dui offense for 135 days. The judge said that i must do 6 days mandatory and the rest can be done on work project if accepted. He asked me what date i wanted to turn my self in, i said on oct. 11th. When i I went to the work project today, they said it would take at least 3 weeks to get an interview. The 11th is in 3 days so if i dont get an extension on the jail turn in date i cant interview for the work project.

I was just sentenced on oct. 4th. I know, i made a bad mistake on making my jail date so soon.

Attorney Answers 2


You should address this with your lawyer. | For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.877.452.9457. Attorney James Regan, LL.M, Esq., is a Florida lawyer answering questions pro bono. Answering these consumer questions based on limited and unverified facts does not create an attorney-client relationship. Being posted on the internet, these questions and answers are not confidential. For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.800.452.9357.

Mark as helpful


You and your attorney will have to go back to court,give good reasons to the Judge for a new surrender date.

Mark as helpful

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics